Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's a Party!!


I have been so inspired today, courtesy of this wonderful gal: ArtsyMama!

Be sure to check out the links listed, as I'm sure you'll find some amazing and inspiring ideas. I just love this little party too, because it gives me the chance to happen upon some blogs out there in bloggerland that I may not have stumbled upon otherwise. And I just love, love reading and enjoying the artsy blogs that are out there. I can't even begin to tell you what all this inspiration is doing to my creative senses! I think I'm on overload today, just trying to take it all in.

Originally, I didn't know what to do to contribute to this party and thought I would quietly sit in the background soaking up all of the creative juices spilling forth. However, I just couldn't sit back minding my p's and q's any longer - I wanted to be actively involved in the party! Besides, I heard there was tea to go along with the delicious looking cake ArtsyMama made. *wink*

As you can see, scrapbooking is my personal creative outlet. Which also means I enjoy the beginning process of scrapbooking: photography. Other things I enjoy include painting, doodling/drawing, writing, knitting, and reading. While these are things I enjoy and can do, I'm constantly inspired by the art of others. I'm always in awe by the creative ingenious of so many people. (A few of these people are listed on the side panel).

Some things that also inspire me:

* a splash of burgundy in decorating, a painting, or a layout.
* vintage
* flowers
* antiques
* coffee mugs (I've got way too many)
* Autumn
* the handwriting of others

What inspires you? I'd love to know.

Before I head back to the party, a little tutorial for you on something that inspired me recently: Paper Beads

9 comments:

Lina said...

i'm with ya, i have WAY too many coffee mugs...and i always use the same one, lol.

Bonita Rose said...

so pleased and happy to meet u... this has been so so fun... visit my blog and say HI.. I'd love to see u there! hugs

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I've done paper beads before. but those 'rock'!

what inspires me?
1. other artist
2. my past
3. nature
4. family
5. color

swell.life said...

Thanks for stopping by...Otherwise, I'd never have come across your delightful blog! Love that eye candy mosaic. You're so talented!

swell.life said...

P.S. I agree, tea is so much more enjoyable than coffee...Wish I could host more tea parties. They make such wonderful memories!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Lovely blog!
Wasn't Artsymamas party a huge success?!!?!

Have a wonderful day.

Miss*Laurence said...

Hello! I'm carrying my journey along Kari's list tonight. I found the possibilities of embossing powder quite extraordinary ( i work in a stained glass studio occasionally).
I am inspired by so many things, but here is a list of favourites:
- colours
- gardens
- stones ( I've just bought a fabulous book of close up pics)
- textures
- landscapes and countryside photos
- the blogging community
- autumn
- architecture
- sheep!

Barbara H. said...

I'm still making my way through many of the blog party participants. :)

I am inspired by many of the same things you are. Some other inspirations would be craft blogs, others art, craft shows, a trip to Michael's, and the beauty of God's creation.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Artifax said...

Just now getting time to visit everyone at the party :)

Love those paper beads!!